Welcome to the WIP's


On this page I'll show what I'm working on and some of the techniques I use so please feel free to ask questions and I will endevour to answer them all. Click on any image to make it larger then use you back button to return.

Sunday 10 April 2011

Avatars of War, Ogre

Ogre-ConversionI am painting this chap for the AOW contest over on WAMP. As you can see I have decided not to do him the usual flesh colour be decided on a more chaos/evil looking ogre. I have added a single horn from the right side of his temple that I sculpted out of greenstuff then pinned to his head. I then added some rough skin/scar tissue around the base of the horn to blend it into his head better. Most of the metals I decided to go for a real rusted and well used appearance ad he would have had these before being tainted by the evil forces but the skull belly armour I decided was a gift from his new masters and as so would never tarnish.

Most of his skin was painted with my airbrush which was a new thing for me to try. I still need plenty of practice with that before I would do the same on a serious piece:)

The base I have made (not shown yet) is a simple grass, mud and rock affair on a resin disc. I actually painted the grass and rocks with the airbrush then finished it all off by hand. I also plan on adding a small puddle.

Again, still plenty to do and so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment