Welcome to the WIP's


On this page I'll show what I'm working on and some of the techniques I use so please feel free to ask questions and I will endevour to answer them all. Click on any image to make it larger then use you back button to return.

Sunday 10 April 2011

Dark Sword Miniatures, Frog Mage

FroggieFrontFirst off I’m painting this for my partner Sarah and as an exercise where I can try new techniques. He’s a great little sculpt but needed some prep work to get into a position where I could paint him. There are still loads of things to do not least his pupils and a fair amount of tidying up but so far I’m pretty pleased with how he’s turning out :). I also gave it a shot painting some cloth texture onto the back of his robe.

FroggieBackI am also planning to paint the metals using the NMM style and then I will have some OSL to do on his right shoulder, face and inside the bend of his hat given off from the flame on top of the ball he’s holding.

I then plan on basing him on a small plinth and adding some ground works and static grass and well as some bulrushes which have been made with some vey thin straw and small blobs of greenstuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment