Welcome to the WIP's


On this page I'll show what I'm working on and some of the techniques I use so please feel free to ask questions and I will endevour to answer them all. Click on any image to make it larger then use you back button to return.

Friday 31 August 2012

“Steady Boy”

Ok, time for a new project. It's a long term project but after painting a few 32's and busts with very little conversion or some base work I fancied a project that I can really sink my teeth into and stretch myself.

WIP01

The title of the piece is "Steady Boy" and consists of smartmax's Major Dreadful & Winston out for a walk late one evening when Winston hears something...
The creature looming above them is Reapers Purple worm (man that thing was hard to saw off it's base) which still needs some cleaning up after my bones review (Issue 21 of Portal if you missed it). I plan on adding to it several things including a set of eyes on stalks, some chitinous legs with sharp stabbie claw things and I want to extend the body down and have the tail coming through the pipe at the front of the base in the sewer part. Might also replace the plastic teeth with something more menacing and if possible a drooling, slobbery tongue.
There is still a ton of work to do on the base. Might see if I have room for a wall mounted victorian lamp (which I've gotta make) as I'd like it to have some nice and moody osl to add to the drama of the piece., Sewer is obviously gonna have some manky water at the bottom. Oh yeah got a window frame to add and some broken glass, plenty of grime and dirt... And that's where I'm up to so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to add them.

No comments:

Post a Comment